I know I’ve been away from here far too long. Have I been busy? Terribly. Have I neglected this blog? Absolutely. Have I learned anything while I’ve been away? Damn straight!! To kick off my return, how about the five things I’ve learned from vampires?
1. Don’t give up. It might look like the end but it could just be the beginning of something new and exciting.
2. Don’t be afraid of the dark. No matter how dark it might seem, the light will always come again.
3. Don’t be afraid to make friends. A true forever friend may walk into your world at any moment.
4. Don’t be intolerant. Despite differences in race, religion, sex, or sexual preference, beneath it all we’re the same: human beings.
5. Don’t wallow in self-pity. Just because something happened to you that isn’t fair and changes your life, don’t let it destroy you. Stand up, dust yourself off, and find a way to live in your new reality.
So there it is, the five things I’ve learned from vampires. Yes, it’s true, vampires might be the stuff of legends and good horror movies, but you know, they might just have something to teach us all.